We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Lotus Tutors may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. It is recommended you should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st January 2016.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including address, telephone number and e-mail address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- IP addresses for purposes of system administration and to track the use of the site
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We use it to match the tutors with the students.
- We provide tutors with information on potential clients, and then once they have accepted to tutor s student, exchange the relevant details between the tutor and the student.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- If you are a tutor: we will notify you by email when you receive a tuition request, messages from tutees, and at your request we will email your contact details to tutees.
- If you are a tutee: we will notify you by email when a tutor responds to your tuition request and at your request we will email your contact details to tutors.
Communications from the site:
We will only send you email relating to your account such as registration emails, account notifications etc, under no circumstances do we send newsletters or promotional communication via email.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling Your Personal Information:
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us by email.